Saturday, September 20, 2008

Assorted Pictures from August

This is one of my favorite things to eat in Japan.  You get a bunch of raw meats and grill them on a little grill right in front of you.  Once they are done to your liking ( I like it super rare baby ) you dip it in a delicious sauce and have it with rice.  Mmmm!  
And you have to be properly outfitted for any meatfest.  They think of everything here.
Some of the funniest Engrish I have seen yet.  Oh god! Its every where! I always wonder why they just don't hire someone to walk around and check everything...not hard!  Ahaha, this sign was in front of a sweets shop where they were making sweet potato deserts.
I love koi so much! They are like sweet little dogs - you come to the edge of the water and they all come swimming up to you opening and closing their mouths.  I wish I could always have treats in my pockets for them.  In a lot of the cities I have been to around Kagoshima there are always small streams along the sidewalk somewhere in the main part of the city that is full of koi.
Lotus.

A very delicious set menu at a restaurant near my house.
Dragon fruit!  Very dramatic with that juice that stains anything that looks at it and those tiny black seeds... Actually completely tasteless!  So disapointing.
The Terakuni Jinja, a beautiful temple just above Ten Park.

Praying.

2 comments:

vanessa said...

are there many pooches over there? big or little? friendly or haters? pics please. this blog rules my life.

Rachel S said...

Kelly! I'm so glad you have this blog. It's like I get to travel to Japan with you, only in convenient installments.